The Safety and Lean Manufacturing Officer will provide safety integration, coordination of assigned projects, maintenance and implementation of OSHA safety programs, as well as the coordination and completion of required risk assessments. Manage continuous improvement and work with cross functional teams to coordinate improvement initiatives at the manufacturing sites.
- Plan, develop, implement and manages the environmental health and safety (EHS) program;
- Develops and maintains the EHS strategic plan; updates objectives, documents accomplishments; and sets new goals and objectives.
- Ongoing assessment of the safety status of our product’s production processes
- Management of product safety alerts
- Enable effective development of product safety and appropriate risk management
- Responsible for managing customer claims regarding product safety issues
- Lead aggregate safety data review activities and coordinate safety surveillance activities
- Enable up-to-date risk communication
- Provide proactive risk assessment/risk management/benefit-risk assessment
- Develop risk management strategies and plans and monitor effectiveness
- Ensure compliance of all OSHA regulations
- Responsible for reporting requirements, OSHA Logs (300’s, 300A’s)
- Responsible for management of worker’s compensation claims; work with departmental managers and physicians to determine return to work strategies.
- Conduct safety training for new hires and annual safety training
- Coordinate and lead Safety Committee meetings
- Ensure job site safety inspections and job hazard analyses are conducted; implement corrective action.
- Coordinate investigations / root cause analysis for all injuries and near miss incidents; implements corrective action.
- Develops safety awareness through the identification and control of health, safety and environmental hazards.
- Submission of safety sections in submission documents for corporate initiatives (LEED, Just, T-CAP, ISO)
- Write responses to health authorities’ inspections.
- Work with managers and supervisors to identify new process improvement opportunities on the production floor.
- Develop, implement and maintain a continuous improvement program based upon LEAN principles that enhance all aspects of performance.
- Assist in the creation of sustainable LEAN practices that empower employees, accelerate change and enable personal and team development.
- Facilitate development of function lean LRP (long range planning) strategy and vision.
- Drive results towards achieving our VIP (value improvement process) targets.
- Serve as a lean resource, champion, and subject matter expert.
- Responsible for team member training and development efforts on lean tools, including Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, Problem Solving, 5S, Material Flow, SMED etc.
- Facilitate Kaizen events and manage projects across multiple businesses.
- Work to establish and improve standard work, management systems, and key business processes.
- Identify and leverages best practices.
- Identify key elements of process improvement and partner with managers and supervisors to deliver sustainable and repeatable change.
- Serve as the change agent to challenge existing processes in place. Use data to communicate and support the opportunities that exist.
- Work with the engineering team to establish production lines on the floor.
- Develop and prepares metrics related reports.
- Conduct regular and periodic audits.
- Facilitate the development of action plans as identified through the audit process.
- Develop and maintain detailed process maps, metrics and control plans for the key manufacturing processes.
- Document and use controls and scorecards to ensure lasting project benefits
- Identify training needs and provide training and coaching to improve operational efficiencies.
- B.S. degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience in safety and environmental compliance in a manufacturing environment with proven track record of applying Lean thinking and problem solving
- Proven ability to lead change and motivate at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/initiatives with budget limits and time constraints.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of problem solving tools/methods
- Hazard and risk assessment experience
- Solid communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to lead the activities of
- Must be highly organized
- Demonstrate accuracy, attention to detail and ability to work well in team environment.
- Must be able to stand throughout the work day
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 50 lbs.
Humanscale is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran)
Daniel Segerman | Corporate Recruiter