J.A. Montgomery is an organization dedicated to developing and delivering industry-leading safety and risk control programs. Calling on this process and the insights of its experienced team, the firm partners with clients to find innovative ways to improve their safety and risk management practices – ultimately delivering a positive bottom-line impact.
J.A. Montgomery Risk Control is an affiliate of Conner Strong & Buckelew, a leading insurance, risk management and employee benefits brokerage and consulting firm. Founded in 1959, with offices in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Florida, Conner Strong & Buckelew ranks among the largest insurance brokerages in the country.
Job Summary: Provides safety and loss control consulting services as directed including but not limited to site-inspections, loss analysis, training, insurance carrier interface and OSHA compliance assistance.
- Provides safety training and assists with the development of safety training programs for JA Montgomery Risk Control clients. Conducts safety, loss control and OSHA compliance audits at clients facilities and prepares in depth analytical
- Reports information accurately during field surveys into concise written reports which outline exposures, existing controls, and corrective action necessary to maintain a profitable account.
- Provides JA Montgomery Risk Control with detailed information concerning prospective and written accounts with suggestions for improvement that will make these accounts more acceptable for coverage
- Assists the client as necessary in establishing an effective Loss Control Program geared toward helping reduce their frequency and severity of accidents/claims.
- Maintains a high level of technical understanding in the various areas including industrial hygiene, construction, healthcare/hospitals, commercial trucking, life safety, fire protection, and a working knowledge of regulations affecting the various industries
- Provides technical assistance outside normal survey activities at the request of clients, prospects, co-workers, JA Montgomery Risk Control,
- Respond to client’s location to assist with accident scene response to aid in minimizing loss frequency, severity, recurrence, and for possible subrogation
- Interaction with OSHA and other regulatory bodies on behalf of clients
- Accompany insurance carrier loss control representatives during site visits and meetings at client locations
- Attend and participate in claims reviews along with Conner Strong & Buckelew
- Provides marketing, sales, and product development support
- Effective public speaking, presentation, training and oral/written communication skills
- Computer proficiency and working knowledge of MS Office
- Effective organizational, time management and project management skills
- Must be capable of maintaining a flexible schedule and have the ability to work independently
- Valid Drivers License
Specialized Knowledge or Licenses
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with 15 or more years experience in Safety Management as a consultant and/or in private industry
- Designation as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) strongly desired
- Extensive experience in training is essential
- 20-25% travel and some overnight travel is necessary
- Previous safety consulting experience is
All resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
JA Montgomery Risk Control is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.