POSITION: Senior Manager – Quality, Safety, Health and Environmental
Manages the site wide Safety, Health and Quality programs. Promotes continual improvement processes for improving safety, health and quality aspects (preventative, corrective and development actions) for the distribution operation. Exhibits strong teamwork, leadership and communication skills and possesses ability to effectively manage. Position will manage multiple NYX Professional Makeup facilities.
- Lead an interdependent safety culture and works proactively to accomplish the safety mission in the plant of zero accidents.
- Lead the Quality and Environmental missions of the site.
- Respectfully, through words and actions, lead the site Safety Committee and encourage 100% employee engagement.
- Develop, implement, and maintain health and safety policies and procedures to ensure compliance to local, state, and federal regulations as well as corporate policies.
- Conduct routine audits to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Manage critical safety training such as Lockout Tag out, Confined Space Entry, Respirator, Forklift Driver Licensing, Hazard Communication, Blood Borne Pathogens, Machine Guarding, and Ergonomic programs to meet the needs of the workforce.
- Conduct routine audits to ensure completion and effectiveness of safety training. Take appropriate follow-up actions and report progress.
- Train employees in accident prevention (SHAP), accident investigation and effective post-accident follow-up action to prevent reoccurrence.
- Responsible for managing the facilities group in the identification of possible losses; evaluating the risk in such loss exposure; developing and implementing a plan to correct or prevent a loss and audit the plan to ensure its effectiveness
- Ensure and assist departments in the completion of incident investigations and development plans to avoid reoccurrence.
- Communicate site safety information to corporate management
- Train contract givers on the contractor safety requirements including: On-site Intervention by External Contractors, Contractor Safety Program, Contractor Training Program and Orientation, and Permit System. Routinely audit compliance of contractors and contract givers.
- Establish best management practices for the site to ensure a safe workplace where regulations are not applicable.
- Work with, and coach all employees to improve behavioral safety.
- Build management and employee commitment for a safety program through influence and discipline.
- Insure quality control testing and release of components, bulk, WIP, and finished goods;
- Assist in developing multiple shift safety support teams.
- Lead Monthly Safety Committee meetings.
- Lead medical response team by recruiting volunteers as needed, facilitating
- monthly meetings, and organizing annual CPR and First Aid Training for participants.
- Advise management of safety performance and compliance on a regular basis. Keeps management informed of accidents, root causes and corrective actions.
- Conduct job safety analyses for all positions within the facility.
- Insure quality control testing according to the L’Oreal DGO methods
- Review procedures and make safety recommendations in accordance with government and corporate requirements.
- Maintain required paperwork such as OSHA 300 logs in compliance with federal law.
- Track safety indicators and submit monthly report to corporate.
- Maintain systems qualifying for OSHA’s Voluntary Protection Program, and manages VPP audit team.
- Develop a positive working relationship with the local Fire Marshal, OSHA, and other state and local authorities as needed.
- Maintain and ensure compliance with the Distribution Quality System, which includes identifying and publishing inbound quality anomalies from manufacturing.
- Provide supervision for the distribution Quality Auditor.
- Assist Human Resources with communication to worker’s compensation agencies.
- Flexible to be present during various shifts including occasional weekends to support the 24/7 operation of the facility.
- Manage team of mechanics with varying degrees of experience.
- Develop, Coach, and mentor direct reports
- Develop and sustain effective preventive maintenance program for conveyors, automated sorters, A-Frame Loose pick systems, rack systems, any other equipment requiring preventive maintenance.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s Degree in Safety or Engineering is preferred or other bachelor’s degree along with certification as CSP Certified Safety Professional
7 years of operations experience with at least 5 years dealing directly with safety / quality
General knowledge of material handling equipment (conveyor systems, lift trucks, RF, A-Frame, Pick-to-light, etc.)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
Safety Programs Coordinator
Posted: Feb 12, 2018
Location: Journal Square Transportation Center, Jersey City NJ
Come and join us as the next Safety Programs Coordinator! Under the general supervision of the Principal Coordinator, System Safety & Environmental Management, the successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination of PATH Health, Safety and Environmental Training Programs for all PATH Divisions, pro-actively following up with divisions to ensure compliance with regulatory (OSHA/FRA/ EPA) mandated training and other best practices.
Health & Safety Specialist III
Posted: Feb 08, 2018
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Health & Safety Specialist III for the department of Environmental, Health & Safety. This position is principally responsible for performing routine technical services and activities, preliminary investigations, visual inspections and records maintenance to assure that only sanctioned activities are carried out and that those activities are performed:
- in accordance with Federal, State & local requirements and University policies/procedures;
- without adverse health effects on faculty, staff, students, visitors and community;
- in a manner that will protect the environment; and
- so that the University’s resources are conserved and future liability is limited
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Inspects and assesses health/safety hazards.
- Communicates University policy and procedures.
- Responds to emergencies and requests for assessments and investigations.
- Oversees all activities or services affecting health/safety in the geographical area of responsibility.
- Brings to attention of the manager, circumstances that could develop into widespread internal or external health/safety issues.
Education and Experience
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in physical, chemical or life sciences; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Also requires two years of relevant professional experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- The ability and willingness to pursue graduate education and/or training toward certification in health/safety profession.
- Must have the maturity and judgment to represent the department in interactions with the university community and to seek help from supervisor when needed.
- Also requires excellent computer, interpersonal, verbal, and writing skills.
- Must able to lift up to 50 pounds, have a valid driver’s license, pass a physical examination, and be able to wear a respirator.
Environmental Health and Safety/Lean Manufacturing Officer
Posted: Sep 12, 2016
The Safety and Lean Manufacturing Officer will provide safety integration, coordination of assigned projects, maintenance and implementation of OSHA safety programs, as well as the coordination and completion of required risk assessments. Manage continuous improvement and work with cross functional teams to coordinate improvement initiatives at the manufacturing sites.