Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
This role serves as an Audit Team Lead in the Global Safety and Environment (GSE) Global Audit program. The purpose of the global audit program is to assess compliance with applicable governmental regulations and company procedures and to assess the effectiveness of management systems and controls. The Audit Team Lead is responsible for assisting in the development and execution of the GSE Audit program, completing audits and advising senior management of potential issues that may present significant risk to the organization.
The Audit Team Lead is responsible for all aspects of planning, preparation and execution of assigned audits and specifically:
- Establishing the detailed scope and required resources for assigned Audits
- Organizing the audit logistics
- Managing the costs of the audit within the approved budget
- Identifying, selecting and managing required Merck subject matter experts (SME) and consultant services.
- Ensuring the audit scope is covered as well as other potential concerns as identified
- Managing the audit objectively and escalating concerns appropriately
- Ensuring audit documentation is clear, concise, complete and traceable to requirements
- Managing information from the audit and utilize established business systems
- Communicating the results of the Audit to the Site/Area and the GSE Leadership Team
- Approving and providing follow up and closeout of actions developed to address audit observations Utilizing the established audit program protocols and systems
- Developing audit program reports as requested covering metrics, controls, practices and compliance status. Providing training to Merck Auditors and other participants as required
- Demonstrating continuous professional development across audit topics
- Travel is expected to be between 35-45%
Education Minimum Requirement
Bachelor of Science Degree or higher in Engineering, Life Sciences, or a related field of study.
Required Experience and Skills
- Minimum of five years of experience supporting environmental, safety and health programs at a manufacturing and / or a significant R&D site. The EHS support role should be broad based and include compliance with both environmental and safety programs, including Industrial Hygiene and High Risk Work.
- Minimum of two years of experience as the EHS leader for a manufacturing and / or significant R&D site.
- Minimum of two years of experience leading Environmental, Health and Safety audits or assessments.
- Ability and willingness to travel between 35% – 50% of the time.
- Business-level fluent in written and spoken English.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- One or more professional certifications in the safety, environmental or auditing fields (e.g. CPEA, CSP, CHMM, CIH, PE)
- Bi-lingual communication skills
- Professional experience globally.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.