- Identify common safety/health hazards inherent in the organization’s operations, and establish guidelines for protection from those hazards within company guidelines, standards and policies.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, to include but not limited to DOT, OSHA, EPA, and with company policies and procedures.
- Educates first-line supervisors/managers in OSHA regulations and standards, including guidance on handling OSHA compliance.
- Develops safe standard work practices with first-line supervisors/managers and monitors conformance through safety and housekeeping inspections.
- Conducts post-accident/incident investigations (both onsite and offsite) in conjunction with supervision and prepares reports identifying possible causes. Ensures supervision is trained in CHEFs system.
- Maintain safety files and records, analyze trends of all incidents,recommend / implement appropriate corrective actions and follow up to ensure actions have been implemented.
- Ensure required safety training is conducted and documented by supervision. Conducts training and assists in the development of training programs.
- Audit safety program(s) for compliance and effectiveness.
- Review new products, equipment, and processes for potential hazards and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Establish and maintain a presence with the workforce, through walk-through, meetings, inspections, and being accessible to all associates in their work environment.
- Conducts safety orientation for all new hires. Assist and maintain environmental reports.
- Facilitate accident review board and safety meetings to include follow up and resulting communications.
- Develop all written safety programs and maintain them in the EHS system. Coordinate all internal exercise and drill requirements with local authoritiesMaintains facility security measures and implements procedures for safeguarding company property and personnel.
- Perform periodic security inspections and advises senior management of deficiencies. Coordinates security coverage with vendor.
Bachelors Degree in occupational health and safety related field required.
Minimum of five years safety experience in a distribution or manufacturing facility required.
Knowledge of OSHA, DOT, EPA. Excellent problem solving and analytical skills. Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate and present information to associates and all levels of management. Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access. Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures and governmental regulations.
Must have valid drivers license.
Kathy A Carmickle | Sr Recruiter