Company Tilcon New York Inc
Location Parsippany, NJ
The position will be responsible for promoting the safety culture of Safe Production with the goal of zero incidents/accidents while leading by example. Uphold and support the core values of Safety Integrity and Quality.
Roles and Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Adhere to any and all state and federal regulations, if applicable as set forth by the US Department of Transportation (DOT), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Mine, Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) and any other regulatory agency.
- Assist the Safety Director with the implementation of CRH, Oldcastle and Tilcon safety initiatives, compliance programs and reporting.
- Support a safety culture built on collaboration, trust and support with the defining aspect of human performance.
- Provide safety support to frontline leaders through coaching and mentoring in the areas of case management, documentation audits, hazard recognitions, site safety teams, and overall site requirements.
- Assist with development and facilitating of required training programs including: New Hire Safety Orientation, MSHA New Miner Training, Contractor Safety, Decision Driving, and other training as required.
- Liaison with site safety teams/operations to support the management of regulations, projects, program awareness and company updates.
- Recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employees’ exposure to chemical, physical, and biological work hazards. Including risk assessment, proactive identification of potential loss sources and workplace assessments.
- Create and conduct job hazard analyses and risk assessments with the goal of proactively identifying potential business and employee risks.
- Partner with site representatives to conduct incident investigations.
- The ability to speak effectively in front of any size group.
- Maintains professional demeanor in dealing with critical/confidential information; restricts discussion/knowledge of activity to a “need to know” basis.
- Regular and timely attendance is required
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Marginal Duties and Functions
Varies duties as per requested by management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) with 5 years+ of practical work experience or industry experience.
- Must have a state issued valid driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.E.) from four year college or university
- OSHA 1910, OSHA 1926 and MSHA regulation knowledge preferred
- Safety field and facilitation experience preferred
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the preferred knowledge, skills and abilities.
- High level of proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Travel to various work sites is required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when required.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety Glasses, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, Dust masks & Hearing Protection
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office and the ability to rapidly learn different software applications.
- Developed analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Self – motivation and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential data/conversations.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to changing schedules and projects.
- Strong ability to research data to support frontline leaders in regulatory requirements.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times supporting the company’s mission and objectives.
- Ability to interact with vendors, plant employees and different levels of management.
- Strict adherence to CRH, Oldcastle and the company’s safety requirements and procedures.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is required to sit, walk and stand for periods of time. The employee is required to use a computer for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust to focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job will require both office work and field work. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment in the office is usually quiet.
- Safety, Integrity, Quality – formally and visibly demonstrate support and understanding of OMG and Tilcon’s core values.
- Attracts Top Talent – Attracting and selecting the best talent to meet current and future business needs.
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Develops Talent – Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Cultivates Innovation – Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Manages Complexity – Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Resourcefulness – Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Tech Savvy – Anticipating and adopting innovations in business-building digital and technology applications.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!