Location Cherry Hill, New Jersey area
As an established leader in the field of Workers Compensation and Loss Control, MEMIC is seeking a motivated, energetic candidate to add to our successful team as a Safety Management Consultant. Our Safety Management Consultants partner and work together with policyholders representing light manufacturing, retail, healthcare, hospitality and academic industries to assist them in identifying key hazard exposures and promoting a safe and healthful work environment.
- Build positive relationships with customers, agents and internal departments such as Claims and Underwriting through clear written and oral communications.
- Communicate regularly with MEMIC management, Claims, Underwriters, Agents, and customer management to ensure that MEMIC service offerings are being maintained in accordance with MEMIC Action Plan.
- Maintain current knowledge about MEMIC service offerings and assigned industry loss exposures and prevention strategies.
- Analyze, monitor, and communicate customer workers compensation claims performance.
- Direct, schedule, coordinate and implement MEMIC customer visits within assigned territory.
- Adhere to Department, Company Performance Standards, and ANSI/IACET standards.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Engineering or similar technical field or equivalent in education and experience.
- Experience with loss control consulting in healthcare, general manufacturing, hospitality, and education is a plus.
- A proven track record of effective performance in the field of specialization is critical to the success of the consultant and the customer.
- Designations relevant to the field of specialization are preferred and strongly encouraged; i.e., RN, CSP, COHN, MS Degree in specialty, Certified OSHA instructor, CLP Certificate in specialty, etc.
- Proven track record of interpersonal and communication skills – able to work effectively with all levels of individuals, both within and outside of the organization
- Ability to travel by car Monday through Friday. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Proficiency with Microsoft programs: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.